An EV charging station is an infrastructure which supplies the electricity for an Electric Vehicle to get charged. Charging Stations are generally placed near Public areas, Shopping Malls and places where density of vehicles is high. These stations are needed when travelling too. For charging at home, electric vehicles have converters on board that can plug into a standard electric outlet. Others either require or can use a charging station that provides electrical conversion, monitoring or safety functionality.
Many support fast charging with higher voltages and currents. Public charging stations are typically on-street facilities provided by electric utility companies, retail shopping centres, restaurants and parking places, operated by a range of private companies. Public Charging Stations are equipped with advanced features like Smart Metering, Cellular Capability and Network connectivity capable of Fast Charging, Moderate Charging or Normal Charging of Electrical Vehicles (EVs) along with associated upstream electrical infrastructure conforming to National or International Standards in force.
Requirements for Public EV Charging Station Outlet (Electric SUV, E-Car, E-3W & E-2W):
· Electricity Supply (33/11 KV Cables) with associated equipment including line termination;
· Electricity Load: 100 KW to 140 kW with appropriate cabling and electric works for safety;
· Exclusive Transformer with all related substation equipment including Safety Appliances;
· 3 (Three) EV Chargers installation at the outlet
a. 50 kW DC Charger with Three Guns (CCS/CHAdeMO/TYPE2)
b. 30 kW DC Charger with Two Guns (GB/T)
c. 18 kW AC/ DC Charger (2W/3W)
· Parking Space: Around 800 to 1000 sq. ft. (Four Car Parking Bays) of Safe Area;
· Adequate space for entry and exit of vehicles;
· Charging station to include Chargers, Canopy, Security Cameras, Fire Extinguishers, Signage/ Branding at entry, Network Connectivity Equipment etc.;
· Minimum 10 years lease in case land not owned by Franchisee;
· 24x7 Manpower and Operation of the Charging Station;
· Network Connection and Electronic Billboard at the Outlet and
· EV Charging Station CMS Software for Managing and Operation.
Maintenance of EV Charging Station:
As number of vehicles increases, the maintenance would be required to be carried out more efficiently. The various maintenance issues which are observed in the charging station are as follows;
• Power failures
• Slower than normal charge times
• Charger gun malfunction
• Power malfunctions
• Excess energy consumption or other
Accurate and quality site preparations are crucial for reliable Charging Stations. Preventive maintenance is required for efficient Charging Station. It helps in preventing equipment breakdown and results in less replacement (or) repair of equipment. Preventive maintenance consists of below aspects,
• Visual inspection
• Environmental inspection
• Mechanical inspection
• Electrical inspection
• Implementation of updates
• Reporting issues
The proposed project is that of setting up of an EV Charging Station Unit for Electric SUV, E-Car, E-3W & E-2W at the proposed location. The primary target market for the proposed set-up would be all the targeted Electric Vehicles plying in the local neighbourhood area of the proposed location as well as the vehicles passing by the outlet.
A Project Report is not only essential for obtaining financial assistance from Bank/ Financial Institution/Funding Agency but also the most important document either to participate in the development schemes of MSME Sector/ Department of Industries or in completing various time consuming government formalities connected with planning and commercial operation of the proposed business project.
This Detail Project Report (DPR)/ Business Plan has been developed in a well-structured PDF Format (Easy to Download, Convert into MS WORD through www.pdftoword.com, Edit for Personalised Customisation and Finally Printing the Report) to be presented as a Ready Project Proposal immediately thereby saving precious time of the promoter in the process of completing requisite formalities in anticipation of setting up the business project. Accordingly, following Project Templates has been deliberately left blank in order to facilitate customisation by the perspective entrepreneurs based on personal requirements and furnish necessary information on actual basis.
§ Project at a Glance : To be Filled Up as per Personal Requirements.
[Total Capital Expenditure, Working Capital, Estimated Cost of the Project, Amount of Bank Loan, Amount of Equity Capital and Amount of applicable Margin Money Subsidy – (Urban/Rural /General Category/ Special Category)].
§ General Information and Location : To be Furnished in the Blank Space.
[Name of the Unit/Firm, Address of the Proposed Project Location, Size of the Space Available and Occupancy under Ownership/Lease Agreement].
§ Promoter’s Background : To be Furnished in the Blank Space.
[Name of the Promoter, Age, Communication Address, Educational Qualification, Work Experience and Special Training Attended, if Any].
The Project Report/ Business Plan so presented include all the important aspects containing the following details;
1. Highlights of the Project
2. Project Introduction
3. The Project Proposal
4. The Product/Service
5. Prospect for Investment
6. Potential Target Customers/Market
7. Marketing Strategy
8. Critical Success Factors
9. Process Details and Technical Aspects
10. Installed and Operational Capacity
11. Quality and Standards
12. Raw Materials and Consumables
13. Power and Utility
14. Tentative Implementation Schedule
15. Basis & Presumptions
16. Capital Investment Estimates with Detail Project Economics
17. Computation of Working Capital Requirement
18. Estimated Total Project Investment
19. Proposed Means of Project Financing
20. Estimated Annual Sales Turnover
21. Projected Profitability Statement
22. Calculation of Interest Amount
23. Depreciation Schedule
24. Term Loan Repayment Schedule
25. Debt Service Coverage Ratio
26. Break-Even Analysis
27. Projected Cash Flow Statement
28. Projected Balance Sheet
29. Internal Rate Return
30. Pay Back Period
The presentation also supplements with important facts and useful information covering the areas as indicated below;
1. Statutory Clearances Required for the EV Charging Station Business;
2. Basics of EV Charging Station Business;
3. Tips to Identify Suitable Location for Public EV Charging Station Business;
4. Smart Tips to Follow in EV Charging Station Business and
5. Latest Consolidated Guidelines & Standards on Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure issued by Ministry of Power, Govt. of India, January 2022.